Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When two Diva's Collaborate

In the middle of production, a movie plenty have heard about by now, Burlesque is something I look forward to seeing. For those of you a little slow on the uptake, it's a movie starring Christina Aguilera and Cher (Diva alert) about a small town girl (Christina Aguilera) who head's to LA and becomes the head dancer at a Burlesque club run by a former dancer in danger of losing the club (Cher). Christina Aguilera is my all time favorite singer and in my eyes anything she touches turns to gold. However, having common sense and being a film student, I was apprehensive about her trying her hand at acting, but the more I thought about it, I realized she isn't someone who jumps into something. She doesn't release an album every year, she works in the studio for a long time until it's perfected. This movie is also a musical, so it's not a huge stretch for her. Most obviously, the movie stars Cher; if anyone is the poster girl for singer turn Oscar winning actress, it's her. The film also stars Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet, Kristen Bell among others. It's due out November 2010, I will most definitely be seeing it, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A peek into me

Everything about anything. Controversy and opinions.