Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tattoo's: Art or Not?

Tattoo's have been around for hundreds of years; today they are more popular than ever. But the question is, are they artistic or are they not? I could go into the history of tattoo's and there meanings but it has nothing to do with the tattoo's people get today. I go to art school, and having a tattoo is almost as common as having a school i.d. I have two tattoo's myself, I would like to get more but I will be murdered by my mother if I do. Like a drug, tattoo's can be very addicting, but where is the line drawn between beautiful and obscenity. We've all seen the ridiculous tattoo's that make us think "who would possibly want that on them for the rest of there lives." But what about the tributes to a passed on mother, or a phrase that helped one get through a hard time.Personally, I love tattoo's, I love to see all the different kinds people have despite whatever meaning they have. I think that it's a great form of art; however, not every tattoo I see would I want for myself (but that's just common sense). So, art or not? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A peek into me

Everything about anything. Controversy and opinions.