Monday, June 28, 2010

Americans and Soccer

The following does not apply to all americans, just the Glory Hunting ones. When the world cup started, I noticed there were a lot more soccer fans in the U.S. than I'd ever seen before. I thought, hmm this is funny because I know that 90% of these idiots cheering for the U.S. couldn't tell you what club team all of the players play for, so why are they acting like they care about soccer? Well then I realized as soon as the US got eliminated only the true soccer fans remain interested in the world cup and to be honest, it's a lot more enjoyable without these know nothing's cheering for a sport they know nothing about. And to be even more honest, USA did not deserve to win. A perfect example of this, was the next day in the Post the headline said and I quote "This is a stupid sport anyway," ok guys, that doesn't make the US sound like sore losers at all, congratulations for your sportsmanship and maturity, you guys deserve an award or something. Let's take ESPN for another example, as soon as a game was over they would cut straight to highlights of other sports. Not to mention that all the american commentators should be shot in the face. What do I mean by that? Let's see, when Portugal beat Korea 7-0 one of the ignorant american commentators said "its like they scored a touchdown." The most annoying of the annoyances would have to be Alexi Lalas, for a man who played professional soccer, it amazes me how little he knows about the sport. Besides the fact that hes got a bias for the US team, he had the nerve to say that Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney aren't world class players. Coming from someone who is not a world class player, I wouldn't take his remarks to heart, how would he know what a world class player looks like? All I can say is that I am happy to see the US go home and look forward to seeing an actual talented team win the world cup. Also, while I'm ranting, if I see "Soccer stud Donovan" one more time, I'm going to start punching people in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A peek into me

Everything about anything. Controversy and opinions.